Monday, December 06, 2004

Yo! I'm back in the land of green hills and soft, servile women. Yes, you got it right. Korea! Well, this time I'm not glad I got away from the din of Bangalore. This place is going through its yearly drama of autumn-winter transition and it's taking its toll on me. I've already got my butt pricked by the doctor and have lost count of the number of pills I've swallowed.

But, as usual, it brings back a gloom in me. Didn't we get our independence alongside Korea in the mid-late '40s? I wish the Nehrus and Gandhis had borrowed something from these people. No wonder I don't feel like going back home. I wish I could fly away somewhere. Well, I will. In about a month. I have to go back to see my parents and bid adieu to the land that has nurtured me for these past 25 years. I have no feelings for it. Absolutely.

On second thoughts, it's not the country I don't have feelings for. It's the people. But, a country is made by its people, ain't so?

No comments: