Wednesday, June 16, 2004

How I met her ..

I met her on a rainy evening in Bangalore. I had gone to meet a friend in her office and got introduced to her. No initial sparks or love-at-first-sight .. In fact, nothing happened for over a month. It was then that my friend started tripping me with her for I wonder what reason. Probably she sensed that this girl liked me or something. Women have this sense of smelling out stuff what even cats can't. Sometimes I wonder if women evolved from felines rather than from the rib .. Well, that's a different story altogether.

So, my friend, I'll call her Appu, started tripping me with this girl. Initially, I sort of enjoyed and sort of felt embarrassed. Obviously! Then I asked Appu to shut her mouth since both me and the girl were feeling odd whenever the 3 of us met. She did. One day we ditched Appu and I took her to a movie - Koi Mil Gaya. Well, I should say that it was a sort of "Koi Mil Gaya" for me. Something inside me told me that this would go far.

We started meeting each more often since then. She's this Punjabi girl from Mumbai. Smart, tall and with a nice sense of humour, she is the epitome of optimism! Amusingly, she calls me "Sonu". You should hear it from her pouting mouth, you'll know why I fell for her. Well, I did fall for her, but then it was after 6 months, and knowing me, that's a long time!

The next two months were a roller-coaster ride of enjoyment for both of us. With the dawn of each day, we discovered more of each other, feeling we were getting more and more attracted, wanting to spend more and more time with each other and such other stuff that happens to people when they are on the verge of falling in love. Neither was sure (she claims she was, i doubt ;) whether we really wanted to take this seriously.

I remeber a few incidents that simply dragged me to her. One was when we went to Nandi Hills on my bike. We started late in the afternoon and reached there about 5 pm. You should see the surroundings from atop there to really appreciate what I'm saying. It's an amazing vista of serenity all round you! So, we reached there and made our way up to a rock high above the noisy tourists. There we stood staring in disbelief at the breathtaking view around, she clinging to me, with just one tear of joy trickling from the corner of her eye. I had a tough time deciding what to look at - her peaceful face or the view around! Well, maybe if it had been now, I would've definitely seen her face :)

Another time I felt very close to her was when we were lying on the sands in Goa gazing up into the night sky. It was Christmas. You should be there at that time of the year to experience the mood! It's purely r.o.m.a.n.t.i.c! All hundred percent. Lying there on the beach hand in hand staring up into the sky colourfully lit by fireworks and listening to the rushing waves at our feet, we felt a feeling of peace like we had never felt before. I can vouch for her feelings because I know her so well!

Will continue in my next post ..... Gotto rush!

No comments: