Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Reagan

Former President of the US Ronald Reagan expired last week.

I don't know much about him, except that he was hailed as one of the most able people who headed the US. Actually, I hadn't known that the tragedy had happened. I happened to come to office the next day and noticed that the Stars and Stripes were flying at half mast. Primary school had taught me the reason for such an expression. www.cnn.com. And I knew.

Over the next two days, I realized how much the middle-aged and elderly people of this country loved and respected this man. The grief that they experienced, the bonding which they felt had been torn, the emptiness .. Far more than explains what the man did for his country. Doing things to fulfil an ambition is one thing. But gaining the admiration of hundreds of millions of people in the process and taking them with you in your journey of passion is something very different!

No comments: